Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wednesday, 25 November 2009

Dearest Love,

It is 37 months and 4 days..... since we got together.
Have you been happy enough since then?
I guess, it's only normal to know that things could be better, but I'm not complaining about the now.

If anyone were to ask me the question - what is it about YOU that's got me love-struck?
I think it is the fact that you always enjoy making me laugh. And while I know you endeavour to do so on a daily basis, it seems so natural and so effortless. And having my daily dosage of laughter is absolutely the best thing in my life :)

And I have to thank you also, for the relentless love and support you have given me thus far. You know, whatever I seek out to do, whatever I think I want to do, you have never once told me "No" or said anything negative at all. None! And I truly appreciate that. It's like, I have the guts to take some risks, but you are the strength that gives me the courage to make the leap. To spread my wings and fly.... whilst I am the idiotic balloon huffing and puffing up in the air, you are the anchor that keeps me grounded, that keeps me from flying away into the oblivion.

It's funny - even something as simple as me trying to be a so-called DJ on Facebook. You have been a fan and you tell me it's a great idea. Even though, there are possibly some who think it an idiotic waste of time! Or when I did my first triathlon, you were there cheering me. And then, you took it a step further and joined me in the race (remember how you nearly drowned in your first race??) Or when I am struggling to find a solution for my businesses and you come up with just about the most brilliant idea..........

I think our characters are pretty different. You're quiet, I can be pretty loud. You're steady and I'm restless. You're patient, I'm definitely not. You lead quietly, I lead ... bossily. I guess, to the rest of the world, it always seem like you are two steps behind me - the man behind the power-woman. If only they knew - how we played the tag-team, the "good cop-bad cop" to perfection....... but it doesn't matter, right, love?

Because you know and I know... that you ... are MY man. In more ways than one. I really would be lost without you. Just imagine that balloon flying off uncontrollably into the skies, without an anchor.

I am proud of you and I stand proud next to you. I love you.

Girl

4 comments: