Thursday, November 26, 2009

Friday, 27 November 2009

Dearest Love,

I figured, I had to tell you about this blog instead of waiting for me to die before you get to read them is.... much better. Because in life, you just never know what will happen!

And the good thing about this blog is that I don't necessarily have to keep my letters long. I can make it short, make it random, make it whatever I want to tell you or remind you when I am long gone.

You know, I'm not sure if you noticed - every morning, when you go to work, since we moved to the new apartment on the riverfront (12th April 2009), I've always made it a point to "go to work" with you. How? Well, aside from our morning ritual of kissing bye-bye at the parking lot gate........ then we get into our own vehicles (me in my beat-up junk of a Toyota and you in your motodop Daelim)... Firstly, I will wait for you at the parking lot gate..... and then when I see you approaching on your bike from my rearview mirror, I turn out onto Sothearos Blvd. I go at 10km/hour...... just so that I can drive alongside you, or else at least to be able to see you a little ahead of me..... sometimes, we honk at each other to do a little wave.. or you will make the silly "peace" sign.... or I will stick out my tongue at you........ anyway, onwards we go, down Sothearos Blvd... until you turn right into Sihanouk Blvd. and I head on straight.

I don't actually know why I do it. It's just nice for me. And when I see you turn right, I always say a prayer - (ok, sometimes, I forget) - that you will be safe, you will ride safe and come back to me in one piece......

And you always do. Because you promised me that you will live longer than me :) And I believe you will do everything you can to keep that promise.

Always,
Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment